Coconut Orange Slice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makes2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups orange candy slices, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, orange candy and coconut.
- Shape dough into 2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set and edges begin to brown, 15-18 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 285 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for this cool recipe. I like this cookies. I'll make them for weekends. Every day I cook healthy protein cookies. All my family loves my protein cookies. They're really tasty and simple to cook. I found recipe of protein cookies here club.cooking/recipe/protein-cookies/