Cinnamon Bun Cookies
I love cinnamon rolls, but working with yeast can be scary. These cookies give you the taste of a cinnamon roll in cookie form—no yeast required! They look like flattened cinnamon rolls and feel special enough to serve around the holidays. —Erin Raatjes, New Lenox, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- Cream first five ingredients until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. On a baking sheet, roll dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12-in. square. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For filling, beat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Add flour, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; spread filling over dough to within 1/4-in. of edges. Using waxed paper, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, removing paper as you roll. Wrap in plastic. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and enough water to reach desired consistency. Spread or drizzle over cookies. Let stand at room temperature until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 103 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.