Best Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Punch down dough; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion into an 11x8-in. rectangle. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 8 slices; place in a greased 13x9-in. pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over tops. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 364 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 5, 2020
Excellent cinnamon rolls! They were much easier to make than other recipes I have tried, and just as delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out great. Other reviews said they didn't rise but I didn't have an issue. Make sure the yeast is fresh and use a thermometer to check your milk temperature (too hot will kill the yeast and too cool will cause it not to rise).
Jan 4, 2020
Oh my! Heavenly
Jan 2, 2020
Excellent! I used only 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon after reading a review that 2 tablespoons was too much. I also used my own icing that does not have cream cheese in it. This is my new cinnamon roll recipe for sure!
Jan 1, 2020
Excellent recipe! I followed what it said about dissolving yeast in the milk and used only about 1.5TBSP cinnamon. I let them rise overnight. I will for sure try these again, AMAZING!
Dec 24, 2019
The worsted ever. I lost my original recipe and this one had a lot of good reviews. My dough never rose no matter what I did. I made this three times. I'm going to try harder to find the original copy cat recipe. This dough will not rise and is very "tough" .
Jul 20, 2019
Jul 4, 2019
This was my first time ever baking cinnamon rolls. I took them to a small group and everyone loved them!
May 1, 2019
Just tried this recipe and they’re so good!! A new family favorite!
Apr 20, 2019
I just made these. They turned out wonderful. I had trouble proofing my rolls during the first proofing, because it just wasn't warm enough in my house. I fixed this by putting it a "warm" oven, (Under 200 degrees) and covered with a damp towel for the second proofing. They taste perfect!
Nov 26, 2018
Awesome, everyone one who ate them loved them. They will be our new family classic! Thanks.