Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
Molasses and ginger make this cinnamon roll from Marilyn Stroud of Larsen, Wisconsin an exceptional choice for holiday breakfasts. Your family is sure to come running when they smell these treats fresh from the oven!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first 12 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll into a 12x8-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 40 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 261 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Every Day's a Holiday Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.