Homemade Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 7 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk, a tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 7-in. square. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jellyroll style. Cut into six even slices. Place cut side up in greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 239 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2014
These are great for quick, biscuit type rolls.
Aug 27, 2012
i mixed the cinnamon and sugar butter to make a paste and added raisins spread this on the dough it was excellent everyone loved them i will have to double it next time
Jul 10, 2012
I added raisins and glazed it with a mixture of orange juice (fresh) and confectionars sugar. It was absolutely delicious and gone in 5 minutes! Will be making this again! Thanks!
Jul 25, 2011
I also made them with strawberry jam in them, instead of cinnamon, and they were great, i also put some vanilla extract in the dough.
Oct 6, 2010
Made this with a group of young girls in a baking class and it was a hit. They all loved it and had a lot of fun making them. I am going to make them again.