Cranberry-White Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 24x12-in. rectangle. For filling, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chips, cranberries and pecans. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 16 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm rolls. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 637 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 15, 2016
These are so good! I made for Christmss Brunch & they were a huge success!!!
Mar 1, 2015
These are delicious and worth the calories at Christmas. Even my husband who doesn't like white chocolate loved these. Will definitely be on the menu for Xmas breakfast from now on. I made them for a brunch just as regular cinnamon rolls omitting the chocolate and cranberies and they were the best cinnamon rolls ever. the dough is just perfect.
Jan 20, 2015
I liked the idea of making the dough the night before. We had these for Christmas brunch and everyone loved them. It makes a big batch, though. Next time I will cut the recipe in half.
Dec 31, 2014
These are amazing! I love them. They are even good when they are cold.
Dec 16, 2014
Holy crap those were AWESOME - Gonna make them again for Christmas Brunch!! Thanks so much for the recipe.
Dec 23, 2011
I'm making these again for Christmas! My mom, dad, and other family members are constantly asking for them! They were AMAZING! I will definitely make recommend these to anyone!
Jan 17, 2011
I loved the idea of making the dough and putting it in the refrigerator overnight. It was so nice to have warm rolls for breakfast and they tasted so good!!! It made 2 pans for me , 16 rolls total, so it was nice having one for later or to give a pan away to friends or family. Will definitely make this again!!
Dec 6, 2010
OMG my family was crazy for these rolls. I have a son in law who loves cinnamon rolls period. The calorie count is really high, but once a year for the holidays will not hurt. Four stars in my book.
Dec 26, 2009
These cinnamon rolls were the most delicious ones I've made in a long time. My entire family enjoyed them.
Dec 18, 2009
I found they made two pans of 13 in x 9 in rolls, for a total of 32 rolls instead of 16. I used raisins instead of cranberries and they were excellent..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.