Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
I always whip up a batch of these flaky, drizzled crescents to take to family gatherings at Christmastime. Serve the rolls at breakfast, as a snack or for dessert—you can't go wrong! —Sharon McKee, Denton, Texas
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + rising Bake: 15 min./batch
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a large saucepan, heat the butter, milk, shortening and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg yolks; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead about six times. Divide dough into four portions. Roll out one portion into a 12-in. circle; spread with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up each from the wide end and place point side down 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- Repeat with remaining dough, butter and cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over warm rolls. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.