Crescent Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, eggs, butter, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in enough flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. Brush with melted butter; roll up wedges from the wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 9, 2019
This has been my go to bread roll recipe for over ten years, they are just the best, when I am in a hurry I just make the traditional round bread roll.
Nov 27, 2017
My family loved these dinner rolls. They are delicious!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Jan 13, 2013
I love love love these! I was wondering though if it would make a difference if I used unbleached bread flour instead of all purpose flour?
Nov 24, 2011
These are yummy, a little on the sweet side, but delicious!
Nov 10, 2011
soooooooo delicious!!!!! turned out just like the picture!
May 16, 2011
Feb 19, 2009
These are one of my favorite rolls. So easy to make and taste delicious! Plus, they make plenty for leftovers the next day.