Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- OPTIONAL GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and egg. Divide into three portions; shape each portion into a ball.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a third over a pastry board or a surface. Roll one ball into a 12-in. circle; cut into 12 wedges. Roll up from wide edge. Repeat with the remaining dough and cinnamon sugar. Place rolls with point side down on a lightly greased baking sheets; form into crescent shapes. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake).
- For optional glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled crescents.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 205 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 7, 2017
We made this with our local baking group for our introduction meeting. They came out pretty bland, and seemed to need longer than 16-18 minutes. We definitely recommend the glaze, it is the redeeming factor of this recipe!
Feb 2, 2010
So easy, yet so yummy!