Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, almonds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 24-in. rope. Cut crosswise into twelve 2-in. logs; shape each into a crescent. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 11, 2013
Just made these little gems this weekend for the first time; definitely will not be the last! Not too sweet and great texture. Loved them!
Dec 8, 2013
These cookies were easy to prepare and delicious to eat!. I doubled the ingredients and gave them out to friends in my senior complex. I printed the recipe and placed it with the cookies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.