Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, almonds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 24-in. rope. Cut crosswise into twelve 2-in. logs; shape each into a crescent. Place 1-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Dust warm cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 11, 2013
Just made these little gems this weekend for the first time; definitely will not be the last! Not too sweet and great texture. Loved them!
Dec 8, 2013
These cookies were easy to prepare and delicious to eat!. I doubled the ingredients and gave them out to friends in my senior complex. I printed the recipe and placed it with the cookies.