Very Vanilla Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups cake flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Paste food coloring, optional
- Colored sprinkles and nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Frost cupcakes. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 278 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 18, 2014
These cupcakes were very good.
Oct 24, 2014
very plain i added extra vanilla and still very plain
Mar 27, 2013
Very easy and good recipe. I found that using a 3oz. scoop makes nice, uniform cupcakes. Can't wait to try it as a cake!
Mar 24, 2013
Very good vanilla cupcake recipe! Icing was good also; I had lots of leftover icing however.
Mar 2, 2013
I have been looking for a good white/yellow cake recipe that used cake flour and this was good. I only got about 1 1/2 dozen - not 2 dozen cupcakes. I served these at a party and everyone liked them. Will make them again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.