Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg yolk and sour cream; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a sugared surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Turn dough over to sugar top side. Combine preserves, coconut and pecans; spread over circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges and roll each wedge into a crescent shape, starting at the wide end. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place points down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until set and very lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 6, 2017
Love to give these for gifts at Christmas.
Jun 17, 2014
These are rather easy to make and impossible to resist. The fun does not have to stop with apricot/walnut filling. I've used raspberry jam/coconut, dark chocolate, and fig jam. The only limit is your imagination.
Nov 16, 2013
This is one my all time favorite go to recipes, when I taking cookies to impress
Dec 22, 2010
These cookies are always on my holiday cookie list of favorites, I skip the coconut and used just jam and finley chopped nuts
Dec 31, 2008
I was disappointed
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.