Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, orange zest, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside one-third for the topping.
- Press remaining dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine preserves, lemon juice and zest; spread evenly over crust.
- Crumble reserved dough over filling. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2012
I have made these bars countless times. They are that good! Everyone in my family loves 'em!
Dec 30, 2010
great; made in a glass 9 x 13 pan cooked @ 325 - 20 mins longer
Dec 14, 2010
These bars were easy to make and very tasty. I thought 4 tsp of orange peel might be a little much but the tartness with the sweet crust was very good.