Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, orange zest, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside one-third for the topping.
- Press remaining dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine preserves, lemon juice and zest; spread evenly over crust.
- Crumble reserved dough over filling. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2012
I have made these bars countless times. They are that good! Everyone in my family loves 'em!
Dec 30, 2010
great; made in a glass 9 x 13 pan cooked @ 325 - 20 mins longer
Dec 14, 2010
These bars were easy to make and very tasty. I thought 4 tsp of orange peel might be a little much but the tartness with the sweet crust was very good.