Apricot Coconut Balls
I appreciate that these fruity candies are easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. They're a nice alternative to chocolate sweets. —Barbara Strohbehn, Gladbrook, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place apricots in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add coconut and milk. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 122 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002