These delicate, buttery tarts melt in your mouth. With their jeweled apricot tops, they make a pretty presentation on a holiday cookie tray. —Julie Dunsworth, Oviedo, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and water; stir until dough forms a ball. Roll into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, beat almond paste and butter until blended; beat in egg white and almond extract. Spoon into tart shells, about 2 teaspoons in each.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Top with apricot preserves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Apricot Tartlets in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010