Apricot Coconut Cookies
These fancy, chewy cookies are made without eggs. Our son's allergy got me searching for treats he can enjoy...and we love them, too. —Sara Kennedy, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add coconut and preserves; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients. Spoon over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 159 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Coconut Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.