Pecan Crescent Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Stir in pecans.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs and shape into crescents. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 20-22 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 104 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 18, 2015
Mad= these with my mother they are a xmas special
Dec 14, 2014
My mom has made these since we were little. They are so yummy. Only difference she bakes them at 250 for 50 minutes
Oct 31, 2014
These cookies are simple but very good. The crescent shape makes them stand out. I don't buy butter so I used margarine. I decided to try finely chopped peanuts instead of the pecans. they were good but I think the pecans would be better. The texture of this cookie is good, the inside is soft.
Dec 11, 2011
I make these every year for the holidays, they are a requirement for my goody bags (that I give out as gifts). I like to substitute cashews for pecans otherwise I pretty much leave the recipe as is. The crescent moon shape is nice for Yule gatherings as well (for those like myself who are not christian)
Dec 1, 2009
These are easy and delicous! A crowd pleaser, for sure! I actually roll mine into logs so that I can get a little extra sugar on them by rolling them in sugar instead of "dusting" them. These are similar to a wedding cookie, but SO much better. This recipe is one that I use for Christmas and when I am asked to bring a little something for the table at a wedding reception.
Dec 13, 2008
These are my second most requested cookies, and they are so very easy to make. I like them better with dry roasted cashews
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.