Vanilla Crescent Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Place sugar in a food processor. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds into food processor. Discard vanilla bean. Pulse mixture until combined. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in remaining confectioners' sugar. Coat warm cookies with sugar mixture. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 9, 2016
I made these cookies two or three Christmases ago, they were a big hit with my niece, who's husband's parents are from Croatia. The ingredient that makes a superior taste difference are the vanilla bean seeds that go into the powdered sugar topping. This is a really great cookie! I'll be making them again this Christmas season.
Dec 22, 2014
This is the recipe I was searching for! The only difference, is that I use almonds instead of walnuts. Great recipe!