- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough into 1 rectangle; seal perforations. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut into 4 slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in ungreased muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over rolls.
Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls Tips
Can you make crescent roll cinnamon rolls ahead of time?Yes, you can bake these crescent rolls ahead of time! Reheat them in the microwave at 50% power. But since they only take 20 minutes to cook, why not bake and enjoy them fresh? Here are some more grab-and-go breakfast options to get you on your way.
What else can you bake crescent roll cinnamon rolls in?A muffin tin is ideal for this recipe because the walls of each muffin cup help protect (and insulate) the outsides of each roll. While you could bake them on a regular baking sheet, they’ll probably bake a bit faster and be a little crispier on the outside. You can also smoosh the rolls into a smaller baking dish and enjoy the delicious comfort that pull-apart breads have to offer.
How do you store leftover crescent roll cinnamon rolls?Store leftover rolls in a covered container at room temperature, and eat them within a couple of days.
What can you use instead of orange juice in the icing?Milk is the perfect liquid to make a basic powdered-sugar icing. Substitute the same amount for the orange juice called for, or enhance the milk with a bit of vanilla or maple extract. Or sass them up with cherry vanilla spiced rum! Chopped maraschino cherries tucked inside are totally optional.
–Christine Rukavena, Taste of Home Senior Book Editor
1 roll: 144 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.