Speedy Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18x6-in. rectangle; brush with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place, cut side down, in two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup cream over each pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 156 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 20, 2015
The heavy cream turns into the most decadent, caramel sauce. Sweet, smooth and yummy. Don't skip that one, you'll miss out on something wonderful.
Feb 19, 2015
I've never heard of anyone pouring heavy cream over them before or after baking. That sounds very interesting, but I think I'd skip that step.
Mar 31, 2014
Excellent and so easy! Made cream cheese icing to drizzle over them after - yum!
Dec 25, 2013
I skipped the cream over the top and the nuts, but they were still great! If I were making them simply for myself and my husband I would have added the nuts, but since my kids were eating them too, I had to skip them. They hate nuts!
Dec 24, 2013
I made these last weekend and they were really good. I think the bit of cream made a big difference over other recipes. I didn't have frozen bread dough on hand, so I made a one pound batch of dough in the bread machine. Actually, I think I will do bread machine dough whenever I make these. It doesn't take any longer to go through the dough only cycle than it would to thaw the frozen dough.
Feb 5, 2012
absolutely delicious and super easy/quick
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.