Maple-Glazed Cinnamon Chip Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cinnamon chips. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over top. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 254 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
May 12, 2015
Excellent! I had a really hard time finding cinnamon chips. I was glad I finally found them. These were delicious!
Jun 10, 2013
I handed this recipe to my 10 year old and told him to make it. I assume he made it exactly as written. They were SOOOOOO good! They are like a cross between coffee cake and cookie bars. Cinnamon chips can be hard to find. When I went to Minnesota on vacation, I bought 8 bags at Cub Foods!
Apr 5, 2013
These straight out of the oven are 5 star. The next day, they were only 4 star. But the smell when I opened the can the next morning was divine.
Feb 17, 2013
Completely delicious! My family & guests loved these - great recipe! :)
Nov 9, 2012
<p>This almost tasted like a coffee cake with a maple glaze on it. It was sooo good! I think this may become a commonly used recipe in my house!</p>
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.