Valentine Sugar Cookies
"The almond flavor makes these delicious sugar cookies quite unique," says Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red decorator's sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in flour; mix well. Chill several hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2- or 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Valentine Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.