Valentine Sugar Cookies
"The almond flavor makes these delicious sugar cookies quite unique," says Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red decorator's sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in flour; mix well. Chill several hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2- or 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Valentine Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1995