Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramel-filled milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk next 5 ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 143 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 13, 2020
These chocolaty cookies are wonderful! I rolled the dough into smaller balls to make 4 dozen cookies instead of 2 dozen, which worked perfectly. A new favorite and something I'll definitely make again!
Dec 18, 2019
These cookies are scrumptious! I Leland a dairy-free life (not by choice) so I used a butter substitute. I also left out the cinnamon and the Kisses. So yummy!
Dec 15, 2019
I made 9 dozen for Christmas cookies at work, and everyone loved them. They are very chewy and chocolatey.
May 3, 2018
Really soft and chewy. The taste is different too!
Jan 29, 2018
cookies are delicious much like a brownie