Quick Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 16, 2018
I love this recipe. I use some to make homemade ice cream sandwiches. The rest I frost. I'm making them again today!
Feb 15, 2018
Made these today and they were a huge hit! I just used premade frosting for the filling because I don't like cream cheese filling. So easy to make and everybody loved them!
Feb 8, 2016
I split the recipe down the middle, making half with a strawberry cake mix and half with a Devil's Food Cake mix. I halved the filling recipe also, filling half with that and half with some canned chocolate frosting. Fast and fun!
Nov 10, 2015
These are very easy to make and better than oreos. Only change I made was used the marshmellow creame filling found on here for the oatmeal sanwich cookies bc I dont like creame cheese.
Jan 31, 2014
This may have been a bad recipe for me to learn because I have made these cookies three times in a little more than a week! I made them for a party and they were the first dessert to go! I've received nothing but compliments, they are crazy delicious!!
Jan 19, 2014
Great Recipe - instead of oil I substituted applesauce.
Aug 21, 2013
Quick and easy. Nice quick dessert to make for gatherings.
Jul 7, 2013
My daughters favorite cookie to make, its quick and easy and delicious. They keep well in the fridge and are a great treat straight from the freezer on a hot day.
May 1, 2013
My teenage daughter loves making these cookies and they don't last long around here. She has to hide them if we're expecting visitors. Only question I would have is about the yield. I have never actually got 6 dozen and I didn't think my cookies were overly huge. Is it 6 dozen sandwiches or 6 dozen cookies that yield 3 dozen sandwiches. Another note is that there is usually filling left over (that's easy to use!)
Mar 21, 2012
Very easy, wonderful taste, everyone loves them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.