Caramel-Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
These cookies are more cake-like; a nice change from the more common chewier chocolate chip cookie. I've been known to add a little peanut butter to the filling too. —Lauren Reiff, East Earl, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then honey and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons filling onto bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 213 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.