Mint Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- 72 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Spread filling over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 155 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 16, 2016
These cookies taste wonderful, but the chocolate cracked upon standing. I assume the crackers swelled a bit.
Jun 2, 2014
My dinner guests and husband LOVED this recipe! It was delicious. We did gluten-free crackers for half the recipe and she really enjoyed it. Highly recommend this recipe!
Nov 10, 2012
These were a big hit last year!