Mint Chocolate-Covered Cookies
At our house, everyone lends a hand to make these easy chocolate-covered cookies. They remind me of Thin Mints. Decorate them with sprinkles to match the occasion. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 65 wafers)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound chocolate mint candy coating disks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Green and white sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and cream cheese. Shape into 1-in. balls. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar; flatten balls to 1/4-in. thickness. (Re-dip glass in sugar as needed.) Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating disks and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; if desired, decorate immediately with sprinkles. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 113 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cookie Truffles in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.