Chocolate-Mint Cookie Cups
When chocolate and mint get together with a hint of peppermint, mmm…magic happens. If you don't have mini muffin pans to make these cookies, use disposable foil baking cups.—Pam Correll, Brockport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Green paste food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place in paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until ganache reaches a piping consistency, about 20 minutes. Pipe over cookies.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white baking chips at 50% power 1 minute; stir until smooth. If desired, tint with green food coloring. Pipe over tops.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 115 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cookie Cups in Country Woman December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.