Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 54 milk chocolate kisses
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in walnuts. Refrigerate dough until firm, 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape into 1-in. balls. Flatten balls and place a chocolate kiss in the center of each; pinch dough together around kiss. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until set but not browned, 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Sift together 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar and cocoa. While cookies are still warm, roll half in cocoa mixture and half in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 103 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.