Chocolate Lace Cookies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pecans, flour and vanilla. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and lacy. Cool completely before carefully removing from foil.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon melted chocolate on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 71 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2019
To keep the cookies uniform I baked them in muffin tins. I also doubled the recipe to get 3 dozen so the yield is off a bit. I didn’t double the melted chocolate as there is more than enough. In fact I’d use only 1 cup of chocolate chips to melt. It’s plenty