Chocolate Lace Cookies
My mother and I make these elegant chocolate lace cookies. Baking together is a delightful way to spend an afternoon catching up.—Stacey B., Stillwater, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + chilling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pecans, flour and vanilla. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and lacy. Cool completely before carefully removing from foil.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon melted chocolate on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Originally published as Lace Sandwich Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.