Secret Kiss Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 milk chocolate kisses
- 1 can (16 ounces) fudge frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cupcake until batter completely covers candy.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 24, 2014
Feb 11, 2008
I made these with my two grandboys ages 3 & 5 1/2,They enjoyed stirring & pushing the "Kisses" into the batter. The 5 1/2 year old scored big time by taking them to share with his classmates & the teacher praised him for being a good cook.