Almond Kiss Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 40 milk chocolate kisses with almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
Tasty cookies. I used chocolate-striped white Hugs kisses and used vanilla extract instead of almond. Very pretty!
Dec 25, 2015
I have made these every February for the last 15 years (since the recipe was published). Everyone loves them.
Sep 2, 2014
These cookies are sooooooo good! I made them for a family dinner and everyone absolutely loved them. The recipe for the glaze is good for 2 batches though, so if you double the cookie recipe do not double the glaze recipe.
Oct 26, 2013
I have made these cookies for the last 2 years for Christmas...they are wonderful and enjoyed by all my family!! We love the almond flavor a delicious change from peanut butter blossoms, which my one daughter hates peanut butter but loves these!!!
Mar 26, 2011
Just made this tonight with my teenage daughter and we both thought they were good, except when we made the glaze. This was because the measurements for it was way too much for the cookies, and I had more than enough glaze left over to drizzle on another cake I happened to bake earlier. But overall, would definitely make it again!
Dec 9, 2010
absolutely perfect even without icing
Nov 11, 2010
This is the best cookie I have ever had. Delicious!
Feb 15, 2010
These were okay, I was looking forward to a soft and chewy cookie and these were sort of dry. I could have baked them too long though. Also, I thought the icing tasted like powdered sugar and couldn't tell I had added raspberry preserves. All in all were good cookies, but just not what I was looking for and will not make again.
Mar 22, 2009
This one was great for the baby shower I just made them for. It was for a girl, so pink was perfect. They were very popular. I drizzled the icing into flower petals around the chocolate. I think I might try blueberry preserves for a boy shower...
Jul 19, 2008
People don't expect the almond and raspberry flavor in a kiss cookie, but they adore them after one bite. One of the best recipes here!