Almond Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) whole unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped almonds. Shape into two 15-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top each with a whole almond. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 113 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 4, 2019
These turned out good but we didn’t think they were anything too special. The dough was a bit soft still even after I had refrigerated overnight. Perhaps add a bit more flour. I did not put the whole almonds on top. A nice plain cookie.