Almond Icebox Cookies
With a roll of this cookie dough on hand, I can serve freshly baked cookies in a snap. —Elizabeth Montgomery, Allston, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) whole unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped almonds. Shape into two 15-in. rolls; wrap each in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; top each with a whole almond. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 113 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.