Butter Pecan Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-9 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 70 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 23, 2018
Well, after being in the fridge for over 8 hrs, the dough was still very soft and the cookies spread into each other and looked terrible. They don't taste that good either. I was very disappointed.