Butter Pecan Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-9 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 70 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 23, 2020
I LOVE these cookies. Not only is the pecan flavor delicious and buttery, but the convenience of being able to pull it out of my Freezer whenever I crave cookies is SUCH a time saver. I make a bunch of this dough, form it into rolls, wrap in plastic wrap and put the rolls into a ziploc bag! So glad I found this recipe!
Dec 23, 2018
Well, after being in the fridge for over 8 hrs, the dough was still very soft and the cookies spread into each other and looked terrible. They don't taste that good either. I was very disappointed.