Icebox Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into three 10-in. long rolls. Tightly wrap each roll in waxed paper. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 3/8-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 102 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2014
These are the best sugar cookies. I always keep a roll in the freezer in case I have company coming over on short notice. They are great plain or frosted. They are a softer sugar cookie, which I love. I usually bake for 6-7 minutes. I also use this recipe for my sugar cookie cut-outs at Christmas, but they do have a tendency to spread, so you don't get those really clean edges.
Dec 3, 2012
This recipe came to my rescue when I had to bake sugar cookies and I did not have on hand unsalted butter for the sugar cookie recipe I usually follow. I found this recipe and it worked like a charm!~ Theresa