Oat & Coconut Icebox Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, coconut and walnuts.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 142 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 18, 2019
These cookies are THE BEST! I didn't alter the recipe at all...but next time I may add some nuts and raisins...however they were amazing as it. Lorie Pearson
Dec 22, 2018
My mom used to make these when I was a young girl. Now I make them whenever I’m hungry for coconut