Chocolate Monster Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough into six sections. Shape each into a 7x1-1/2-in. roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 6, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing.
May 19, 2011
who eats cookies because they r healthy?My kids love this cookie and everyone else who tries them. I am definatly making them again. We like to make htem BIG too. :)
Jan 10, 2011
I wouldn't even make this recipie the way it is once- it is definitely very unhealthy. I transformed it into a healthy recipie:1 cup less of butter and sugar ea. -only organic evaporated cane juice sugar,organic eggs,1/4 cup chocolate almond silk3 1/2 C. wheat free flour (sorghum, spelt, rice or millet),1/2 C. organic cocoa powder,aluminum free baking powder,sea salt,organic corn flakes (free of high fructose corn syrup),organic oats,organic bitter-sweet chocolate chips,organic mixed chopped nuts- almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts & sunflower seeds.(dry & wet can be adjusted accordingly.Cook in muffin tin filling halfway thru for real monster cookies (half the size of a muffin).
Sep 24, 2009
I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.