Chocolate Monster Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough into six sections. Shape each into a 7x1-1/2-in. roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing.
May 19, 2011
who eats cookies because they r healthy?My kids love this cookie and everyone else who tries them. I am definatly making them again. We like to make htem BIG too. :)
Jan 10, 2011
I wouldn't even make this recipie the way it is once- it is definitely very unhealthy. I transformed it into a healthy recipie:1 cup less of butter and sugar ea. -only organic evaporated cane juice sugar,organic eggs,1/4 cup chocolate almond silk3 1/2 C. wheat free flour (sorghum, spelt, rice or millet),1/2 C. organic cocoa powder,aluminum free baking powder,sea salt,organic corn flakes (free of high fructose corn syrup),organic oats,organic bitter-sweet chocolate chips,organic mixed chopped nuts- almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts & sunflower seeds.(dry & wet can be adjusted accordingly.Cook in muffin tin filling halfway thru for real monster cookies (half the size of a muffin).
Sep 24, 2009
I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!