Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 hazelnut truffles
- 5 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 green or red Fruit Roll-Up
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) black decorating icing
- 6 slivered almonds, cut in half
- Place truffles on a waxed paper-lined pan. Freeze for 10 minutes or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in coating to cover completely; allow excess to drip of. Return to prepared pan. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut Fruit Roll-Up into 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Reheat candy coating if necessary. Dip truffles in candy coating again; allow excess to drip off. Place one on each cookie. Wrap a fruit strip around base of truffle for cape. Let stand until set.
- Using decorating icing and a round tip, pipe hair, eyes and mouth on each. Insert almonds for fangs. Store in an airtight container.
Oct 25, 2011
<p>These were perfect for my little ones' Halloween parties. Instead of making the cake balls I used white munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts. Adorable and super easy and fun!</p>
Oct 18, 2009
I removed the nuts and cut cost & calories by using a marshmallow for the head and icing fangs. Attach to the cookie with a dab of melted candy coating. Decorate as usual. Great for a room full of kids.
Oct 5, 2009
I made this for my daughter's birthday treats at school since her b-day is close to Halloween. In place of the truffles, we used 1 pkg or crushed Oreo's mixed with 1 pkg of cream cheese. The kids and teachers were quite impressed. They aren't as hard to make as they look!
Oct 2, 2009
use wilton red gel in place of the almonds
Oct 1, 2009
I'd like to see an idea for these cookies that don't contain nuts of any kind as we have severe allergies here where I work and are a nut free facility
Sep 20, 2009
These look great. I plan to make them for my students for our Halloween Party.
Sep 16, 2009
I was thinking of maybe trying my peanutbutter balls that are dipped in candy coating instead of the truffles. I think it might be more kid friendly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.