Super Chunky Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 13, 2018
Excellent!!! This recipe has a nice twist with all the extra goodies. The only change I made was adding M
Jun 7, 2018
I made these as written with regular shortening, and omitting the pecans because I didn't have any. They were fantastic, and I think the pecans will make them even better.
Jun 5, 2018
Made this w/o toffee bits cuz i didn’t have any on hand. Excellent!
Jun 5, 2018
I dint think Bucky 2s comment was inconsiderate and I don’t think that’s the spirit in which it made..
May 31, 2018
@ Bucky2 -- Wow--what an inconsiderate comment :-( !
Jan 29, 2018
These cookies are so good! I was making them for a bereavement luncheon and could not get them all to fit in the container. I tried one and had to put the rest in the freezer before I would eat more than I should! I did not have the toffee bits, but added 1 cup of Hershey's sea salt caramel chips. Like others have commented it is a good base recipe to use and try different varations with what you have on hand.
Jan 21, 2018
Very good, instead of pecans added almonds. Loved this recipe, think it's a great base chocolate chip cookie dough, will be trying again and trying different variations.
Dec 28, 2017
@rach2826, if you cant use shortening don't make the cookies!(I assume your question is a joke, lol)
Jul 26, 2017
Bravo! A new favorite! For My Grand-Jewels, I substituted Bitter sweet chocolate for Mini-baking M & M's and omitted Pecans. The rest of us Love it just as written.
Jul 11, 2017
These were incredible, and I will make them again and again. I upped the amount of vanilla chips and left out the bittersweet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.