Super Chunky Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 17, 2019
My family loved these cookies! I omitted the pecans because of their tastes but it would have been nice to have for the crunch, although the toffee gave the crunch, too.
Sep 29, 2018
These cookies are amazing. I took dinner to work and my colleagues raved over them. They are sweet, chocolatey, and crispy. These definitely make my go-to cookie list.
Jun 13, 2018
Excellent!!! This recipe has a nice twist with all the extra goodies. The only change I made was adding M
Jun 7, 2018
I made these as written with regular shortening, and omitting the pecans because I didn't have any. They were fantastic, and I think the pecans will make them even better.
Jun 5, 2018
Made this w/o toffee bits cuz i didn’t have any on hand. Excellent!
Jun 5, 2018
I dint think Bucky 2s comment was inconsiderate and I don’t think that’s the spirit in which it made..
May 31, 2018
@ Bucky2 -- Wow--what an inconsiderate comment :-( !
Jan 29, 2018
These cookies are so good! I was making them for a bereavement luncheon and could not get them all to fit in the container. I tried one and had to put the rest in the freezer before I would eat more than I should! I did not have the toffee bits, but added 1 cup of Hershey's sea salt caramel chips. Like others have commented it is a good base recipe to use and try different varations with what you have on hand.
Jan 21, 2018
Very good, instead of pecans added almonds. Loved this recipe, think it's a great base chocolate chip cookie dough, will be trying again and trying different variations.
Dec 28, 2017
@rach2826, if you cant use shortening don't make the cookies!(I assume your question is a joke, lol)