Giant Buckeye Cookie
I'm from Ohio and we love our buckeye candy—a delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate! To make this buckeye cookie recipe, all you need is a box of cake mix, a few common household ingredients. Then voila! You have a delicious dessert to feed family and friends within the hour. Best served fresh! Feel free to substitute any filling you would like for the chocolate chips. I recommend topping this treat with ice cream or whipped cream, but those are optional as well. —Arianna Harding, Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Optional: hot fudge ice cream topping, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and melted creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Press half the dough into a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; spread over crust. Press remaining dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a 10-in. circle; place over filling.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm, with optional ingredients, if desired.