Giant Buckeye Cookie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Optional: Hot fudge ice cream topping, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and melted creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Press half the dough into a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; spread over dough in skillet. Press remaining dough between sheets of parchment into a 10-in. circle; place over filling.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm, with optional ingredients as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 443 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 12, 2020
Love how it was so easy and it turned out delicious!
Feb 10, 2020
I still do not see the review rating! I'd added about 1/2 cup total of buttermilk to the cake batter as it was too thick. I used 2 Tbsp. of milk for peanut butter filling to spread more easily. I spread 1/2 the batter over bottom and sides of greased and floured 10" skillet. This recipe is a great one!
Feb 9, 2020
So good and so easy to make!
Jan 30, 2020
These are one of my favorite cookies. It was best when it was served warm.
Oct 23, 2019
I made this for my son, and he almost ate the whole thing. So easy and really delicious...