Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and orange zest. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Return to the oven for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with cookie crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 432 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2009
Reirph,Try lining the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper cut to size...it will easily slide off the base onto serving tray.
Nov 27, 2008
This is always a hit when I make it however it is always impossible to remove from the bottom of the springform pan to place on a serving dish. I make sure I grease the pan liberally but still always have this problem.