Holiday Spice Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place graham crackers and walnuts in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter and cinnamon; process until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Transfer to a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe around edge of cheesecake; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 358 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 29, 2017
Nov 15, 2014
I used a basic cinnamon Graham cracker crust because it's what I had on hand and an additional 8 oz cream cheese because I needed a bit larger cheesecake. Otherwise, followed the recipe. I topped it with simple canned apple pie filling. It was sensational and guests raved so much I became a little embarassed. Definitely making this cheesecake again. Excellent recipe.