Peppermint Chip Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) chocolate-covered mint cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered mint cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, extracts and, if desired, food coloring. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Top with additional crushed cookies if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 391 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 5, 2014
Made this cheesecake to sell at a fundraiser auction. It got rave reviews from the buyer!!
Nov 22, 2013
I made this cheesecake following the recipe to the T...absolutely delicious. Will probably make it again for the holidays. Thanks for sharing!!
May 25, 2013
Hi I am very Interested in baking this Peppermint cheese cake. But can you give a metric measurements for all thanks ..
Nov 1, 2011
Jun 26, 2011
Very good! Have used part lowfat cream cheese sometimes, still with excellent results!
Jan 28, 2011
Everyone who tried this recipe liked it a lot. It kinda tastes like an Ande's mint but creamy. I used a little extra food coloring and mint filled oreos instead of the keebler cookies because our store was out of them. The oreos tasted great as the crust though. I might use a little bit less mint extract next time, but most said it was good how it was.
Mar 26, 2010
My husband and I loved this recipe! I used regular-sized chocolate chips and it worked just fine. I also just used a regular pie dish. I had a hard time getting the pieces out of the dish, so I will spray it more thoroughly with non-stick spray next time.
Jan 17, 2010
I made this for a girls get together. It is very delicious. I am gluten intolerant, so I left out the crust. Then I didn't like the look of mine, so I made a mint chocolate ganache and covered the cake with that. It was beautiful! I didn't have mini chocolate chips, so I chopped up some regular ones and it worked just fine.I was worried that it might be too minty with the ganache, but it got rave reviews from all my girlfriends! It's a hit!
Dec 30, 2009
I've made this recipe many times, every time is perfect, the texture and flavor are perfect, make sure to crush the cookies very fine or it's hard to cut the cheesecake when cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.