Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat Oreo cookies (about 11 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in vanilla just until blended. In a small bowl, toss 1/3 cup chocolate chips and flour; stir into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until almost set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 303 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 7, 2014
Its good, and pretty easy for cheesecake. The instructions are not great, however. Just "combining" the oreo crumbs and butter doesn't do anything. You need to use an electric mixer on medium speed. Then, when baking the crust, it should mention that it will harden as it cools. Most importantly, it needs to bake until COMPLETELY set, not "almost". I followed the instructions, cut a sliver the next morning, and found it to be runny in the middle! I am now trying to salvage it by bringing it to room temp and putting it back in the oven. I plan on baking it until the edges are brown, and use a toothpick to check for doneness. WAY more than 30-35 minutes. I'm wondering if Taste of Home doesn't do a trial run of dessert recipes, as I found another dessert recipe that was just plain wrong.EDIT: I was able to successfully salvage it by re-baking it the next day. Can't give a higher rating as it was almost a failure due to the instructions.
Jun 24, 2014
People know me for my cheesecake and this is my go-to recipe. Sometimes I make it "healthy" and sometimes I use regular ingredients. It's great either way, depending on how many calories you want to expend at a time. :)
Mar 30, 2013
i know it's a light receipt, but I doubled the chocolate chips to 1 C - 3/4 in the batter and 1/4 on the top.
Mar 13, 2012
I do not use the lighter cream cheese, but use all the real stuff and it comes out great. My daughters favorite dessert.