Chocolate Chip Cake
It's hard to believe this wonderfully moist chocolate cake starts with a cake mix and is so easy to make!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 400 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.