Chocolate Chip Cake
It's hard to believe this wonderfully moist chocolate cake starts with a cake mix and is so easy to make!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired.