Chocolate Chip Fruitcake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, dates, cherries and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 304 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 8, 2017
My mother-in-law soaked her chip n cherry cake in cherry wine after it was cooled, wrapped it in foil for a day or so. Might have put more wine on it also and recoiled it for a few days in refrigerator. Very good
Nov 21, 2014
This is one of my favorites at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Thank you for the recipe.
Oct 21, 2011
yes i would make it again i love fruit cake it is very good with chocolate chips