Chocolate Cherry Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 259 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 20, 2015
We love this! So easy too. I used a can of ready made frosting to make it even quicker.
Oct 5, 2014
My husband loves this cake! He is a big fan of chocolate and cherries. This cake is easy to make and tastes great.
Aug 8, 2013
This cake is so EASY and DELICIOUS. My friends love it. A friend even baked it in a bundt pan. Occasionally I add a little Cool Whip to top it off.
May 28, 2012
This was so easy and delicious! Instead of making the frosting I used a can of chocolate frosting whichI
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.