Chocolate-Covered Cherry Pudding Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/3 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, oil, butter and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to sour cream mixture just until combined. Stir in cherries and chips. Pour into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cocoa. Stir in hot water until blended. Pour over the batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until set. Let stand for 15 minutes. If desired, dust servings with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 291 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 28, 2016
Rating this 5 stars only because a previous reviewer rated it a 1 just so she could ask a question (which isn't fair to the recipe). Hopefully this will even it out a bit.
Sep 10, 2014
This was so easy & tasted great. I used 2 cups of one type of cherry.
Feb 5, 2014
Is this a mistake or are there 2 cups cherries?