Chocolate-Covered-Cherry Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pie filling, chocolate chips and extract; spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until top is set and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 331 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 2, 2020
This was delicious! I did not have the extract or chocolate chips on hand, but it turned out fine. Everyone loved it, but we all agreed that a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream would have cut the sweetness.
Mar 28, 2019
I have several diabetics that like lower sugar options. I use a chocolate sugar free cake mix,no sugar added cherry pie filling, sugar free choc chips. Top with a sugar free cool whip. No one even notices the sugar free ingredients in the final product! I also use 3/4 cup butter.
Jan 23, 2018
Good dump cake recipe! I used sliced almonds instead of pecans, and next time I think I'll cut the butter down to 3/4 cup, as I think one cup was a bit too much. The combination of cherries and chocolate were yummy together. Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 23, 2017
Really good!! I used 1/2 cup sliced almonds instead of pecans and only 3/4 c melted butter on top.
Apr 16, 2017
This was great, tasted just as I had hoped.
Feb 12, 2017
Very good. I thought it would be more like a cobbler, but was pleasantly surprised at it's cake like texture. I'm already thinking of flavor variations!!