Chocolate-Covered-Cherry Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pie filling, chocolate chips and extract; spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until top is set and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 331 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2019
I have several diabetics that like lower sugar options. I use a chocolate sugar free cake mix,no sugar added cherry pie filling, sugar free choc chips. Top with a sugar free cool whip. No one even notices the sugar free ingredients in the final product! I also use 3/4 cup butter.
Jan 23, 2018
Good dump cake recipe! I used sliced almonds instead of pecans, and next time I think I'll cut the butter down to 3/4 cup, as I think one cup was a bit too much. The combination of cherries and chocolate were yummy together. Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 23, 2017
Really good!! I used 1/2 cup sliced almonds instead of pecans and only 3/4 c melted butter on top.
Apr 16, 2017
This was great, tasted just as I had hoped.
Feb 12, 2017
Very good. I thought it would be more like a cobbler, but was pleasantly surprised at it's cake like texture. I'm already thinking of flavor variations!!