- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and extract. Add pie filling; mix well. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over warm cake; spread evenly. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.